Monday, August 01, 2005

Too old to party?

I am posting my Tuesday, June 14, 2005 blog again on this address. My old account is screwy so I was forced to create another. New posts coming soon. Enjoy.

Never thought it could happen so soon. I took a break from drinking for a few months (ok cutback). Here I am celebrating my departure from the Cincinnati Enquirer and I can't seem to find the alcohol tolerance I once had. Seven days of partying wouldn't faze me back in the day. Now it seems that I am not immune to the aging process. Melvinatorfest began Friday night at the Plum Street Cafe. We didn't have that much time to drink much so I woke up the next morning feeling great.Saturday's seven-hour Hofbrauhaus celebration left me with a hangover. I can't understand it. I was good. I drank water and ate food so why do I have a hangover from beer. There was a time when I could drink several mixed drinks (well liquor too) for several days straight and not feel a thing. It was bad enough to have a hangover. My normal rememdies were not working as fast. Water, coffee, Micky D's and ibprofen tablets usually help me recover in an hour. I didn't recover until 6pm. Me!!!On Sunday, after Austin (Sarah Conard's fiance) and I watched Star Wars III, we stopped at Gameworks for some beer and games. The instant I saw the bartender pour Austin's beer my stomache reminded the rest of my body how long it took to recover that morning. I had to settle for a Red Bull. I have to take days off from drinking now. ME!!!Yesterday evening Melvinatorfest continued at Plum Street Cafe. Former boss Kathy McDermott ran a tab for all of us. I had about four beers in total last night and was total cool driving home. This morning these guys from Guinea who keep calling for some name I can't pronounce (wrong number) woke me up at 7am. My head was throbbing. I'm still in recovery as I type this blog. Tonight is the VNV Nation concert. I may have to Red Bull it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home