Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Only The Good Die Young

Is it me or did the MTV's Real World get monotonous after the fourth or fifth season? They keep making this crap and in the same way. Throw in some random 18-25 year-olds in a house and watch the drama. Toss in a few white people, a black dude and/or one black woman, a biracial lesbian, and don't forget the gay guy and there's the formula another successful season. Survivor is the same way. Throw in the same formula for drama but have the compete. That was genius and original for the first season. After the first time watching the competition it got old. People still watch this crap. Even those 90210 and Melrose Place replacements on Fox seem to attract people to the boobtube. But shows like Dave Chappelle's Show and Family Guy die on us after one or two seasons. I'm very happy they brought Family Guy back from the dead. I love smart comedies. Shows that have a satirical and/or sarcastic view of life do it for me. Shows that are the opposite, ignorant view of life and monotonous, piss me off. Oh well. That's life. We'll miss you Dave! Thanks for showing us that not everyone is just simply trying to "feed the idiot box."

1 Comments:

Blogger Melvinator said...

OH GOSH! Please don't insult Family Guy with "Sister, Sister"(click on the link in the blog post). I dig girlfriends but if Living Single was still on I doubt Kelsey Grammer's show would have survived.
Def Poetry: off the chain
America Next Top Model: I already have a former model named Shandi by my side (I'm serious). Don't need to watch. Although she loves that show.
Laguna Beach: Not my style.
That's so Raven: Wish she could act as well as when she was on the Cosby Show.
MAD TV: Funny as hell. Saturday Night Live sucks now anyway.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home