Monday, September 05, 2005

To Journalists and Doctors.

This time I weep
This time I'm with them
This time the words affect me
This time I don't sleep.

The images now hurt
The doctors feel pain
The heroes are fading
It only gets worse.

Patience runs thin
Deadlines are tight
News judgment can't cloud it
Patients are friends

Too many bodies file in
The newsroom is no comfort
The hospital overflows
Too many stories filed in.

The water stays still
The words describe horror
The medicine run dry
Who'll pay the bill?

Politicians silent
Roads to prosperity blocked
By the blame game, red tape, water
I'd go insane and violent

My people are dying
Spirit, soul and body
Can't divorce myself this time
Because now I'm crying

Praise God through this test
Worship despite the job
His Word is security
He'll clean up this mess.

All victims and survivors are in my prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home